Software Projects
 

 
A semi-public blog about open info, eg stuff on the web found during work, or after. Includes (old title) Anasoft Projects, but mostly not-Web related; that should go into ABCs of Weblogs.
 
 
 
Link
 
 
Monday, August 11, 2003
 
Master of None: I'm Done Arguing About Iraq

And my comment:
Matt, go look at the 17 UN resolutions and read what THEY say about Saddam's WMDs. Or are you too lazy?

Michael is right about arguments being nearly useless, now. You, Matt, claim that the admin didn't make a good enough case "on those grounds".
Try this One hand clapping link: http://www.donaldsensing.com/2003_08_01_archive.html#106037779822898320

(sort of random, for today. AndrewSullivan.com frequently has links)

OK, there is no smoking gun (found yet)--no nuke ready to be assembled and shot. But where ARE the weapons the UN says he had, for which no documentation on destruction was ever produced???

If you want any respect (from me), you should more clearly state what "evidence" means, what would convince you that there was enough?

Finally, you don't say whether you think the Iraq liberation was good, or not. I suspect you have difficulty admitting that the Iraqi people are better off for Bush's war.

I agree that there needs to be good reasons to attack. Whether the total reasons, and evidence, were good enough is a judgment call. I doubt yours is good enough for the safety of Americans.

(Michael, good points in your post; I'm tired too.)
Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives